Chapter 12 - Exponents and Logarithms
This chapter discusses exponents and logarithms.
It contains the following sections:
- section 12.1 - In this section we complete
the discussion on the properties of exponents that was begun in
section 3.3 on integer exponents.
- section 12.2 - In this section we
introduce logarithms, state their properties and the change of base formula.
- section 12.3 - In this section we
talk about exponential functions and their various forms.
- section 12.4 - In this section we talk about
logarithmic functions and applications such as decibels and the Richter scale.
- section 12.5 - In this section we talk about
logarithmic and semi-logarithmic graphs.
- section 12.6 - In this section we solve
exponential equations of various types.
- section 12.7 - In this section we solve