How to use this algebra help e-book
What you are reading right now is called the Algebra Help e-book.
It is an electronic textbook on algebra
that is designed to be used with the Algebra Coach program.
The Algebra Coach program shows the algebra steps that take
you from some initial expression or equation to the final expression or the
solution of the equation. If you don’t understand some step then you can
press the F1 button and the Algebra Help e-book will open up right to the
page describing that step.
Here are some suggestions:
- When you are finished reading an Algebra Help topic, don’t close Algebra Help.
It is faster to just keep it open and go back to your work in the Algebra Coach.
When you press the F1 button again the Algebra Help e-book is still open and
just comes back on top, now open to the new topic.
- You can click on the hyperlinks (underlined text) to jump to related topics that sound helpful.
Then press the
button at the top of the Algebra Help e-book
as many times as required to go back to where you came from.
- The Table of Contents in the left frame of the Algebra Help
e-book shows you where you are in the book. The table of contents is always
synchronized with the topic presently showing in the right frame.
You can click on a topic in the table of contents and the right frame will show that topic.
- You can adjust the font size to any one of five sizes by repeatedly clicking on the
button at the top of the Algebra Help window.
How to do the e-book exercises using the Algebra Coach
- Have this Algebra Help e-book and the Algebra Coach’s
list box both visible (for example as shown in the picture below)
- Clear the Algebra Coach’s listbox
(select everything in the listbox and press the delete key)
- Select an equation or expression in this e-book’s exercises
(it will turn blue like question 2 in the picture)
- Drag the selected equation and drop it into the Algebra Coach’s listbox
(follow the red arrow)
- Click the Algebra Coach’s OK button
- Follow the instructions given with the exercises.