The Algebra Coach is a program that explains algebra step-by-step exactly the way your teacher does. It can do very complicated algebra but is still easy to understand and use.
Download the Algebra Coach and try it free for three weeks. If you like it then you can buy it for $24.95 – a fraction of the price of an algebra textbook. And it comes with an electronic textbook! You can't get better value.
Here is how the Algebra Coach works:
- You can type an expression into the Listbox.This picture shows an example:
- Then you click OK and a set of buttons appears. These buttons command the Algebra Coach to do something
to the expression.
- If you click on Simplify, the Algebra Coach carries out a simplification and explains
what it did.
- You can type an equation into the list box. (Click here to see the syntax that you can use.)
When you click OK a set of buttons appropriate to equations appears.
This equation can be solved in three steps. If you click on Autosolve three times the
steps are carried out one-by-one.
- After every step you can press F1 on the keyboard and the Algebra Help e-book
opens up right to the paragraph that describes that step in detail.
No more asking the teacher “how did you do that step?”
Here is the e-book if you press F1 after step 1, transposing.
- The Algebra Help e-book also contains exercise problems that you can drag-and-drop
into the Algebra Coach.
- The Algebra Coach can solve every kind of equation that you will encounter
in high school or college algebra. Here is a (particularly nasty looking) rational
equation. This equation takes about 20 algebra steps before arriving at the solution.
In one-by-one mode each time you click the AutoSolve button the Algebra Coach carries out another
step. In result-only mode it shows the result only.
Most of the modes can be set by just clicking on the status panel at the bottom.
- What you have seen is just the tip of the iceberg. The Algebra Coach can do much, much
more. To get you going the download includes:
- The Algebra Coach program.
- The Algebra Help e-book.
- A help file showing how to use every feature of the Algebra Coach program; for example how to enter fractions, exponents and functions and how to set the options. The help file also contains a quick start section — a good place to get started!
- The Algebra Coach's Listbox comes already loaded with lots of equations and expressions. You can use them as examples or just ignore them and start typing in your own equations and expressions.